All you need is Baker’s Chocolate, Pretzels (twists or rods), and sprinkles.
1. Melt chocolate on low heat.
2. Dip or stir in pretzels.
3. Place on wax paper and shake on sprinkles.
4. Cool in the refrigerator and enjoy!
There are so many skills children learn in the kitchen!
- Everyone should wash their hands before touching food.
- Children with long hair should tie back their hair.
- Do NOT touch the stove!
- Listen carefully to instructions.
- Follow directions.
- Measure dry and wet ingredients.
With this particular activity, we also got a little bit of science–applying heat to chocolate melts it, cooling the chocolate solidifies it again.
*sniff, sniff* – When the chocolate melts, you can smell it more. Why is that? What smells do you associate with your favorite places?
We also learned more about health–why can’t I have chocolate for every meal?
Older children can learn more about the places that cocoa is grown and teenagers may be interested in learning more about fair trade issues.