We made these coffee filter Easter eggs last year and will probably make some more this year. I love the tie-dye effect!
- coffee filter
- markers (you can use dried-out markers)
- water-spray bottles
1. Trim a coffee filter so that it is egg-shaped.
2. Color with markers.
3. Spray with water. If you have dried-out markers, now is the time to break them out! Draw with the dried-out markers on the wet surface.
- History/Culture: Why is the egg a symbol of spring? Why did the egg become connected with the Christian holiday of Easter?
- Science: Explore the parts of the egg.
- Science: Which animals lay eggs? Which animals do not?