Naturally Educational » 3-5 (Preschool), 3-5 (Preschool), 5-6 (Kindergarten), 5-6 (Kindergarten), 6-8 (Early Elementary), 6-8 (Early Elementary), Featured, History and Culture » Superhero Lollipop Valentines with Heart Logos
I thought my son was going to do the lollipop photo valentines we did last year, and the year before that for his sister. Then, he suddenly wanted superhero valentines. Superhero Lollipop Valentines. Great! No Problem! I’ll just print out these awesome free printable templates from Zakka Life and… No, wait, he wants Super Hero logos, inside hearts. And Batman needs a bat mask. And Wonder Woman needs a tiara. And Spider-Man needs his Spidey mask. I prefer Zakka’s template but I’m a sucker for my kids…get it? sucker? Of course, Superman doesn’t wear a mask and Spider-Man doesn’t have a cape so I took some liberties with this.
- template (I modified mine from Zakka life)
- card stock and color printer
- scissors and decorative edge scissors
- glue or tape
- single hole punch
1. Print the template of your choice on card stock or thick paper.
2. Cut out the capes and trim the bottom edge with decorative scissors to give a scalloped edge. (My son helped with this.)
3. Punch a hole at the top of the capes.
4. If desired, write a Valentine’s message on or under the cape.
5. Slip the lollipop into the cape. This should hold as is but you could also use an X-ACTO knife and cut an “X” instead of punching a hole to create a tighter fit.
6. Glue or tape on the mask.